DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Two officers from the Sinclair Police Department were recognized for their heroic response to the Oregon District mass shooting on August 4, 2019. The Sinclair Community College Board of Trustees awarded Officers Thomas McMurty and Karen Moore with a commemorative pin.
The officers helped victims and Dayton Police following the shooting that left nine people dead and 27 injured. They arrived within four minutes of receiving the call for assistance and jumped right in with life saving efforts and securing the scene.
Officer McMurty retired this year after dedicating 14 years of service to law enforcement. McMurty spent the last three years with the Sinclair Police Department.
- Man arrested in North Carolina in May accused of threatening to kill Joe Biden
- Catch up with the Big Ten with Big Time Sports
- Long lines as Greene County remains on track for record-high early voting turnout
- Second Lady Karen Pence makes campaign stop in Tipp City
- Greenville student’s stolen bike replaced by donation from school resource officer