OAKWOOD, Ohio (WDTN) – An Oakwood Schools student was taken to the hospital as a precaution after they were “bumped” by a car on their way to Smith Elementary Monday morning, district officials say.
The driver of the vehicle stopped immediately and reported the incident to law enforcement. The student was taken to Dayton Children’s Hospital.
The district is using the opportunity to remind parents to go over safety procedures with their students. They should only be crossing at intersections and always be aware of cars.
On the same note, drivers should always be vigilant of students walking to and from school in the morning, at lunch, and in the afternoon.
- Man shot, hit by car near Dunbar High School
- DLM associate wins Ohio Best Bagger competition broadcasted on ESPN
- Dayton Sewing Collaborative donating masks to students for back-to-school season
- One person shot near Grandview Medical Center
- Trump extends unemployment benefits, defers payroll tax