MIAMI COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – The National Weather Service confirmed Thursday that an EF0 tornado touched down in Miami County earlier this month.
It happened on June 9 around 8:30 p.m. near Covington.
NWS reports the estimated maximum wind speed as 70 miles per hour, with a path length of about half a mile. The confirmation was based on recent reports of tree damage along West Sugar Grove Road near Stillwater River.
Click here to read more details from the National Weather Service.
- Nagy notches Wright State win No. 100 in Saturday rout
- Miami Valley 1B vaccination clinics fill up, Ohio supply doesn’t meet demand
- ‘We just need to be us’: Browns ready for Sunday matchup against Kansas City
- Ohio launches new online COVID-19 vaccine location tool
- With God’s Grace helping hundreds of people with free grocery store