MILFORD, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio high school has elected two female students as its homecoming royalty instead of having a male king and female queen.
Students Abbey Stropes and Trinity Miller were elected to the top spots of Milford High School’s homecoming court at Friday night’s football game. Both girls held scepters instead of wearing crowns.
According to a statement, the eastern Cincinnati suburb’s school will use the term “Homecoming Royalty” instead of king and queen from now on.
The school says they made this change in terminology to ensure every student feels included.
- SUV goes airborne, hits front of house in Dayton
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets
- ‘He hasn’t shown any interest in doing the work’ – Obama denounces Trump on campaign trail
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- Remains found in search for 1921 Tulsa race massacre victims