NEW CARLISLE, Ohio, (WDTN) – Agents from the Ohio Investigative Unit (OIU) cited six establishments overnight after receiving complaints of blatant violations of orders in place to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
Laynes Lounge in New Carlisle was on the list.
A release from the state agency said Laynes Lounge, “received an admistrative citation for limitation on hours for on-premises consumption. Agents visited the permit premises and were able to purchase beer at 10:45 p.m., and again at 11:15 p.m., after the 10 p.m. restriction for on-premises sales and consumption of alcohol of alcoholic beverages.”
The cases will go before the Ohio Liquor Control Commission for potential penalties, including fines and/or the suspension or revocation of liquor permits.
- Montgomery County receives $15.8 million to provide rental assistance
- Studies show getting the COVID-19 vaccine could be annual
- Premier Health administers 100,000th dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- South African variant may be able to ‘break through’ Pfizer vaccine, study finds
- William, Harry remember Prince Philip’s wit, service to UK in statements honoring his life