DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Netflix and the Victoria Theatre hosted a special screening of “American Factory” on Monday night. The new film chronicles the clash of cultures when Chinese automotive glass maker Fuyao moved into the former GM plant in Moraine.
Directors Julia Reichert and Steven Bognar are from the Dayton area, and wanted this audience to see it first.
“We’re incredibly proud to bring this film home to Dayton, Ohio. Right now, we are so proud to be from Dayton, even more than ever. It’s very meaningful to have a thousand people come and gather in downtown Dayton on a weeknight,” Bognar said.
“American Factory” debuts on Netflix worldwide on Wednesday. It will also show at The Neon and Little Art Theatre as well.
- Mayor praises peaceful protest in Piqua
- Lily’s Bistro gives back to protesters after window busted in Saturday night protests
- Owners of Ohio bakery arm themselves with guns as violent protesters try to get inside
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured
- People in Youngstown gather against police brutality, racial injustice