DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Netflix and the Victoria Theatre hosted a special screening of “American Factory” on Monday night. The new film chronicles the clash of cultures when Chinese automotive glass maker Fuyao moved into the former GM plant in Moraine.
Directors Julia Reichert and Steven Bognar are from the Dayton area, and wanted this audience to see it first.
“We’re incredibly proud to bring this film home to Dayton, Ohio. Right now, we are so proud to be from Dayton, even more than ever. It’s very meaningful to have a thousand people come and gather in downtown Dayton on a weeknight,” Bognar said.
“American Factory” debuts on Netflix worldwide on Wednesday. It will also show at The Neon and Little Art Theatre as well.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- US to send troops to Saudi Arabia, hold off on striking Iran
- Operation Football Tailgate of the Week: Troy at Tippecanoe
- Reps back plan to stop abuse of the waiver system for refineries
- Police: Victim taken to hospital after shooting in Riverside
- SUV drives through Chicago-area mall and crashes into store