SHELBY COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A motorcyclist is dead after a crash on SR-66 in Shelby County late Tuesday afternoon.
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office says that around 4:36 pm, deputies responded to reports of a two-vehicle crash in the 2000 block of SR-66.
Initial investigation revealed that a 2017 Harley Davidson motorcycle had slowed down to turn left into a residential driveway when it was rear-ended by a 2008 Ford Fusion.
The motorcyclist, identified as 63-year-old Norman R. Jolliff, of Houston, Ohio, was ejected and pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the car was taken to Wilson Health with non-life threatening injuries.
- Mayor Whaley announces curfew for downtown
- Ohio order signed to reopen daycare centers; officially reopen Sunday
- National Guard activated, moving into Columbus; curfew announced
- Rep. Joyce Beatty, Columbus City Council President Hardin pepper-sprayed during protest
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 35,034 cases, 2,149 deaths