Motor scooter sparks fire in Dayton home

Local News

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Authorities say a motor scooter was the cause of a house fire on Thursday.

Firefighters say that a man was working on a motor scooter in the basement of the residence when gas fumes started to accumulate. When the man started the scooter’s engine, it sparked the fire.

Responders were able to keep the flames contained to the basement and all occupants got out safely.

The fire shut down part of Smithville road Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters wish to remind citizens they should never bring gas engines into their homes.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

9-4 donate dayton strong

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Only on WDTN.com | Phil Wiedenheft

More Phil Wiedenheft

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS