Mother calls 911: ‘My house is on fire!’

Local News
jt_fire_1546946712572.jfif.jpg

JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) — Medics checked two small children for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Jefferson Township.

Crews went to a house on Fortman Drive, near Hackett Drive, just after 4 a.m. Tuesday after a woman called saying her house was on fire.

In the 911 call, you can hear the woman tell dispatchers her children were outside in shirts an diapers. The woman also said in the call there were some electrical problems in the house.

Listen to the 911 call here. The call has been edited to remove identifying information.

When firefighters arrived, they found flames coming through the kitchen window.

Fire officials say the homeowners told them unattended cooking led to the fire.

Two adults and two children were able to get of the house safely. Medics checked the children for smoke inhalation, but everyone was reportedly uninjured.

Fire officials say the family would have to find a new place to stay due to damage caused by the fire.

No estimate of damages was provided.

Fire officials say the house did not have smoke detectors. They urge everyone to have working smoke detectors in their homes.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news, weather and sports.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

9-4 donate dayton strong

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS