DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Foodbank is taking its Mobile Farmer’s Market around the Miami Valley this week.
Staff and volunteers set up outside Greater St. John Missionary Baptist Church and Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church in Dayton.
They handed out both fresh and non-perishable food items.
The Mobile Farmers Market will be at Spring Valley Estates on SR-725 on Tuesday between 1 pm and 2 pm.
“The reason we do this is because one in six people are going hungry in the Dayton area, so that’s about 90 thousand people who go hungry,” said mobile pantry manager Andy Macy.
If you plan to pick up food, your are asked to bring your own bags.
- Indian village cheers for Harris before swearing-in
- On Day One, Biden to undo Trump policies on climate, virus
- Dr. Acton honored with UC Martin Luther King Jr. Humanitarian Award
- What to expect at an inauguration unlike any other
- Disney Plus adding all 5 seasons of ‘The Muppet Show’ starting February 19