DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Foodbank is taking its Mobile Farmer’s Market around the Miami Valley this week.
Staff and volunteers set up outside Greater St. John Missionary Baptist Church and Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church in Dayton.
They handed out both fresh and non-perishable food items.
The Mobile Farmers Market will be at Spring Valley Estates on SR-725 on Tuesday between 1 pm and 2 pm.
“The reason we do this is because one in six people are going hungry in the Dayton area, so that’s about 90 thousand people who go hungry,” said mobile pantry manager Andy Macy.
If you plan to pick up food, your are asked to bring your own bags.
- Foundation in memory of Derrick Fudge planning first relief mission to Lake Charles after Laura and Sally storms
- Five people injured in US-35 crash between Beavercreek and Xenia
- Coronavirus in Ohio: 951 new cases, four new deaths reported Saturday
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say