SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) – A car belonging to the estranged husband of a missing woman was pulled from the water at Buck Creek State Park, authorities say.
A spokesperson with the Ohio State Highway Patrol tells 2 NEWS that no body was found inside the vehicle, but authorities will continue to search the area.
An Ohio State Highway Patrol aircraft assisting in the search of Latricia Jefferies spotted an object in the water and stated that it resembled a car. The Wright-Patterson Dive Team was called to the scene to help cut through the ice surrounding the vehicle.
Authorities say they will continue to investigate the scene until dark, and plan to resume efforts in the morning.
Jefferies was reported missing out of Dayton over the weekend, but officials could not immediately say why the park was a point of interest in the investigation. Her husband reported her missing Sunday, after she drove someone to Springfield on Saturday and failed to return.
- Flyers Fans celebrate record-breaking season
- Students celebrate Read Across America Day early at Primrose School of Centerville
- Are you ready for Super Tuesday?
- Disturbance at Mamma DiSalvo’s prompts police response
- Agency: 2nd US case of person who got virus from community