MIAMI COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A Miami East High School student is in the hospital after a crash in Miami County Friday afternoon.
Officials at the scene tell our partners at Miami Valley Today that the accident happened just after 2 p.m. in the 3000 block of Peterson Road. A delivery vehicle stopped to turn into a driveway and a car behind the vehicle slowed down.
A third vehicle behind them did not stop and collided with the car ahead of it, running off the road into a nearby field.
We’re told the driver of the third vehicle is a Miami East High School student who suffered a head injury. They were taken via CareFlight to an area hospital in serious condition.
Friday evening, school officials posted that the student is now resting following a CT scan.
No other injuries were reported.
The crash remains under investigation.
- US heads into a new week shaken by violence and pandemic
- Greene County Democratic Party Headquarters shot at overnight
- Springfield City Hall has windows broken during protest
- Mayor praises peaceful protest in Piqua
- Lily’s Bistro gives back to protesters after window busted in Saturday night protests