DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Wegerzyn Gardens MetroPark is hosting a landscape recovery workshop to help residents rebuild their home landscape following last year’s tornadoes.
It’s a two-part series and the second installment is coming up this weekend. Now that debris is mostly gone, property owners need to figure out what in their yard is salvageable and which plants grow quickly.
The focus will be on shade trees and evergreens. Park officials say these are the backbone of landscaping, but they say a beautiful yard doesn’t happen overnight.
“If you plant something now, it’s not going to be a 20 year tree next week,” said Betty Hoevel, Education Coordinator with Five Rivers MetroParks. “Knowing what you need, and what you can afford to do in increments really helps.”
The workshop is Saturday, January 11, at 10 am.
There is a $10 fee, which you can pay when you register for the workshop online.
- Rescheduled 5K race held to raise money for families this winter
- Soon-to-open Gem City Market hosts community cleanup event in Dayton
- Kroc Center vaccine clinic targets Hispanic community in effort to increase vaccinations
- One person taken to hospital after car flips on its top in Dayton
- Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man and his career during traffic stop