CLAY TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) – Four people are in the hospital after a driver pulled away from a stop sign into oncoming traffic Tuesday afternoon.
It happened at the intersection of SR-49 and Brookville Salem road just before 1:30 pm.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol tells 2 NEWS that a Jeep and Buick collided in the intersection when the Buick stopped at a stop sign, failed to see the oncoming Jeep, and traveled into its path.
The Jeep overturned as a result of the collision and the four occupants inside, some of which were children, were taken to Grandview Medical Center for minor injuries.
The driver of the Buick did not suffer serious injuries.
Sgt. Kramer says the intersection is a common area for crashes, and that people often midjudge the speed of oncoming traffic.
He goes on to say the driver will be cited for failure to yield.
Alcohol or excessive speed are not believed to be factors in the crash.
- SUV goes airborne, hits front of house in Dayton
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets
- ‘He hasn’t shown any interest in doing the work’ – Obama denounces Trump on campaign trail
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- Remains found in search for 1921 Tulsa race massacre victims