MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – Seven people, including three children, are being treated for monoxide poisoning after the gas was discovered in a Harrison Township home Tuesday afternoon.

The incident happened around 12:30 pm Tuesday in the 4400 block of Canyon Road in Harrison Township. Montgomery County Regional Dispatch told 2 NEWS the incident happened after someone was “burning something” in a wood stove.

According to Harrison Township Fire Chief Mark Lynch, four adults and three kids are being treated for monoxide poisoning. Lynch also said that there was no electric, gas, or running water to the home, so generators were being used. There is a history of criminal activity in the home, which is also said to have a foul smell with a lot of clutter inside.

Children Services was called, Lynch said, adding that he hopes they can remove the children. Lynch also said that having generators in the house could’ve killed the people living there.

He is asking the Health Department to condemn the home. The Dayton – Montgomery Public Health Department said in a statement, “Public Health is investigating the situation at the Canyon Road address. Generally speaking there are various health nuisance laws that may or may not apply. After our investigation we will determine what steps could be taken. However, we do want to emphasize, no matter what the condition of your home is, never run a gas engine inside your home.”

Wednesday afternoon, Health Department officials declared that the home would not be condemned at this time.

At least one medic was called to the scene.