PIQUA, Ohio (WDTN) – Piqua Mayor Kris Lee is praising his citizens for the peaceful demonstration they put on Sunday afternoon.
Between 60 and 100 protesters walked from McCulloch Square to the City building.
“People will remember that they didn’t riot. They didn’t loot. They didn’t break windows. They wanted their voice to be heard and we were here to join in with them and support them,” Lee said.
Piqua residents were among other groups in the Miami Valley to protest on Sunday in response to the death of George Floyd.
- Clark County finds West Nile Virus in local mosquitoes
- Clark County confirms first case of MIS-C, a syndrome caused by COVID-19 in children
- Oscar-winning movie composer Ennio Morricone dead at 91
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- 2 dead, 1 hospitalized after Madison Township crash