DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley is calling the double shooting of two teens last week a murder.
17-year-olds Devin Henderson and Javier Harrison were shot and killed in a garage by a homeowner on Conners Street.
The homeowner called 911 and reported the shooting. He was briefly taken into custody for questioning but has not yet been charged for the incident.
Mayor Whaley is siding with the families, arguing that a crime was committed.
“I think it’s bunk. It’s not surprising that the state legislature is completely thoughtless about how difficult it is to prosecute gun crimes, and then for them to be in the back pocket of the gun lobby and gun makers…this is another example, and it’s really disappointing,” she said.
The shooting remains under investigation.
- Oregon District Permanent Memorial Committee formed: Seeking public opinion first
- Amazon opens 150,000 new positions with $18 an hour average pay, sign-on bonuses
- ‘Superhero’ 4-year-old falls off 70-foot cliff in Kentucky, survives
- Tenants say property manager asked them to open homes to tailgaters to use bathrooms
- Man jailed in US Capitol riot may run for mayor of Las Vegas