DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Layoffs at Marriott that were initially considered temporary are now permanent.
The Marriott at the University of Dayton issued the layoffs to go into effect September 18 for 117 employees, both full-time and part-time.
Officials say the layoffs are due to the significant financial impact on the travel and tourism industry caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
All affected employees are currently being notified.
- Senate Democrats seek 51st vote — and some breathing room — in Georgia runoff
- Buckeyes to play Georgia in College Football Playoff semifinals
- Video shows coyote attack toddler in broad daylight
- Kettering Health hosts anniversary reunion for NICU
- ‘God intended it to hit me’: Alabama woman became first person struck by meteorite 68 years ago