TROTWOOD, Ohio (WDTN) – The Montgomery County Coroner has identified the man who died Tuesday afternoon after being crushed by a boulder while working in a ditch.
Martin Torres Lopez, 43, of West Chester, died after being pinned against a pipe by a large clump of dirt while working at the corner of Free Pike and State Route 49 in Trotwood.
Montgomery County Regional Dispatch told 2 NEWS a man was working in a 25-foot hole when a boulder came down and crushed him. Emergency medical teams were called to the scene and CareFlight was called.
Another worker called 911 and told dispatchers the man was trapped between the boulder and a pipe. Workers freed the man from the ditch but he was “in and out of consciousness,” according to the 911 caller.
The case remains under investigation and the cause and manner of death have yet to be determined by the coroner.
- DP&L reports nearly 2000 people without power
- Ohio CARES Act funding to help local businesses
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- Arenas, stadiums find new life as safer options for voting
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington