DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The man who made the nine crosses in memory of the Oregon District mass shooting victims is retiring.
Greg Zanis has made tens of thousands of crosses to put up at sites of mass shootings and mass-casualty scenes. In Aug., Zanis traveled to the Oregon District with nine handcrafted crosses to display in the district following the tragedy.
Zanis constructed his first cross in 1996 to honor his father-in-law who was murdered. Since then, he has made 27,000.
- PHOTOS: Bobcat burned in California wildfire set for release to wild
- Trump teases 2024 run at White House Christmas party
- Monolith in Utah desert was toppled by group who said ‘leave no trace’, visitor says
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus
- A first look at Ohio’s initial COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan