DARKE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A man was taken to the hospital after he was thrown from a scooter in Darke County Wednesday evening.
Around 7:10 pm, Darke County deputies, along with Tri-Village Rescue, Liberty Township Fire, and MedFlight, responded to the 300 block of Weavers Fort Jefferson Road for reports of an accident.
Initial investigation suggests that a red 1987 Snap On Go-Ped driven by a 50-year-old Hollansburg man, was headed westbound. He failed to maintain control on the roadway and was ejected from the Go-Ped.
He was taken by MedFlight to Kettering Medical Center where he is in stable condition.
The man was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
The incident remains under investigation by the Darke County Sheriff’s Office.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- America’s cars could soon stop drunk drivers from driving at all
- Trump rule may mean 1 million kids lose automatic free lunch
- NASA asks Congress for more money to get back to the moon
- Study links seasonal allergies to crime rate
- Sheriff’s Office receives donation for new K-9 in honor of fallen officer