DARKE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A man was taken to the hospital after he was thrown from a scooter in Darke County Wednesday evening.
Around 7:10 pm, Darke County deputies, along with Tri-Village Rescue, Liberty Township Fire, and MedFlight, responded to the 300 block of Weavers Fort Jefferson Road for reports of an accident.
Initial investigation suggests that a red 1987 Snap On Go-Ped driven by a 50-year-old Hollansburg man, was headed westbound. He failed to maintain control on the roadway and was ejected from the Go-Ped.
He was taken by MedFlight to Kettering Medical Center where he is in stable condition.
The man was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
The incident remains under investigation by the Darke County Sheriff’s Office.
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- 2 Champaign County residents arrested on federal charges related to involvement at Capitol riot
- Hundreds gather in Dayton’s Wright-Dunbar neighborhood to march on MLK Day
- Leaders young and old say Dr. King’s message resonates today
- Humans now being legally composted in Washington