DARKE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A man was taken to the hospital after he was thrown from a scooter in Darke County Wednesday evening.
Around 7:10 pm, Darke County deputies, along with Tri-Village Rescue, Liberty Township Fire, and MedFlight, responded to the 300 block of Weavers Fort Jefferson Road for reports of an accident.
Initial investigation suggests that a red 1987 Snap On Go-Ped driven by a 50-year-old Hollansburg man, was headed westbound. He failed to maintain control on the roadway and was ejected from the Go-Ped.
He was taken by MedFlight to Kettering Medical Center where he is in stable condition.
The man was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
The incident remains under investigation by the Darke County Sheriff’s Office.
- Inmate captured after escaping from Greene Memorial Hospital
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against man charged with killing 2 teens in Dayton garage
- Downtown Dayton prepares for peaceful protest
- PHOTOS: Protests over George Floyd’s death break out across nation
- Crowds gather again in Columbus to protest police brutality, emergency declared in downtown area