JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) — The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office identified the man killed in a shooting Friday morning as 43-year-old Lavar Bagley from Trotwood.
Montgomery County Regional Dispatch told 2 NEWS the reported shooting happened around 12:15 a.m. at Napoleon’s Reloaded in the 4100 block of Germantown Pike in Jefferson Township. A 911 caller told dispatchers a man shot Bagley and left the scene in a car.
Friday afternoon, Montgomery County Sheriff’s deputies detained a person of interest in connection with the shooting. He has since been booked into the Montgomery County Jail on suspicion of murder.
When deputies arrived they found Bagley in the parking lot who had been shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The cause and manner of Bagley’s death have not been determined, according to the Coroner’s office.
According to the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, a second shooting victim was found at Grandview Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Cancer medications in short supply as hospitals battle COVID-19 south of the border
- President Trump expected to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- HHS secretary touts Trump’s health care plan while Democrats say there’s nothing in it