DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A man was transported to a local hospital with burns after he was on fire then caught a patch of grass on fire, authorities confirm.
Fire crews responded to reports of a grass fire at around 6:45 am on W. Third Street behind the Marathon gas station near N. James H. McGee Boulevard. When they arrived, they found a man with burns.
Employees of the gas station put out a fire on the man using a fire extinguisher. While the fire was being put out, the man ran around and caught the grass on fire.
The man was taken to a local hospital with burns, although there is no word on his condition.
Investigators are on scene to determine how the fire officially started, however a witness who works at the Marathon gas station said that the man bought a gallon of gas and pumped it into a milk jug. About 30 minutes later, another person came into the gas station and told employees that the man was on fire.
- Fossils thought to be hundreds of millions of years old found at Pennsylvania landfill
- West Carrollton School District requesting extension on operating levy
- Habitat for Humanity repairs tornado damaged home of Vietnam War veteran
- 2 adults, 2 children hospitalized after Moraine 3-car crash
- Franklin man indicted on kidnapping, theft charges