WEST MILTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A West Milton police officer was arrested after he was indicted by a grand jury on three counts of first-degree rape of a child under the age of 13, according to the Miami County Prosecutor’s Office.
Kevin C. Wright was indicted on the charges late last week and was arrested on Friday. According to the prosecutor’s office, the crimes happened over a three-year period when the child was 10-to-12 years old.
West Milton Police Chief Harry Busse released a statement to 2 NEWS about the incident, saying: “Officer Kevin Wright has been an officer here at the West Milton Police Department and he has been on unpaid leave as of Friday. He was on paid leave status before that. His status was changed to unpaid leave after the indictment and we were told about it.”
2 NEWS is working to learn more and will have additional details as they become available.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand halfway through August
- Q&A: What’s happening at the US Postal Service, and why?
- Trump orders Chinese owner of TikTok to sell US assets
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach
- ODH prohibits use of face shields in Ohio schools