HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) – A 65-year-old man has died after being struck by a vehicle in Harrison Township early Wednesday morning, according to the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office.
The crash happened at around 1:50 am in the area of Markey Road and Anniston Drive. According to investigators, a 53-year-old woman was traveling northeast on Markey Road when the 2018 Jeep Cherokee struck the man, who was walking near the edge of the roadway.
The man who was hit has been identified as Leothis Johnson, 65, of Dayton. The Montgomery County Coroner said Johnson was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was not injured. The crash remains under investigation.
- Driver airlifted after late night crash in Mad River Township
- Beavercreek Police: 2 arrested after robbing pharmacy
- Two-time world champion snowboarder Alex Pullin dies in spearfishing accident
- 2 vehicle crash on West Third Street, occupants condition unknown
- Ramp from I-675 N to I-70 E closed due to accident