DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Police were called to a home on Valley Street in Dayton Thursday afternoon after a man believed he may have found a pipe bomb.
Upon further investigation by the bomb squad, Lt. Hall tells 2 NEWS a pipe that was capped on both ends was found on scene and did, indeed, look suspicious. Ultimately, it was not found to be a hazard.
Streets in the surrounding area were blocked off until police could be sure the area was safe.
- New City Church to host tree lighting in Northridge on Dec. 5
- Santa, Mrs. Claus to visit Middletown neighborhoods on weekends starting Saturday
- One person killed, another wounded in California Black Friday mall shooting
- Food pantries, organizations try to keep up with increasing need around holidays
- OSU game against Illinois Saturday canceled due to COVID-19 test results