UNION CITY, Indiana (WDTN) — A man is behind bars on several charges after leading police on a high speed chase.
It happened early on Christmas Day, when Union City Police officers tried to pull over a pickup truck on E. Main Street.
That truck took off, leading officers on a high speed chase, with speeds topping 100 miles per hour.
Officers chased the truck for several minutes. The chase ended when the pickup truck hit a tree near the intersection of Ansonia-Hunchbarger Road and Ohio-Indiana Stateline Road.
The driver ran away, before being caught in a field in Indiana.
Police identify the suspect as a 37-year-old man. He is being held on several charges, including Resisting Law Enforcement.
- Australian family returns home to find koala in their Christmas tree
- Columbus Police: 12-year-old girl killed when gun discharges in neighboring apartment
- Audit wraps up general election in Montgomery County, officials expect early voting trend to continue
- Case managers are ‘unsung heroes’ of COVID-19 hospital care
- Tipp City Schools announce extension of ‘Remote Learning Plan 2.0’ until January