Makeshift fireplace sparks garage fire

Local News
generic-police-lights_298338

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Officials say a makeshift fireplace caused a garage fire Tuesday large enough to damage its surrounding structures

Dispatch tells 2 NEWS it happened around 8 p.m. in the 300 block of Illinois Avenue. It was originally believed that downed power lines were to blame for the incident.

The detached garage was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived at the scene and two makeshift sheds nearby were also damaged.

DP&L has been notified about the situation.

No injuries have been reported.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news, weather and sports.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

2019 TRICK OR TREAT TIMES

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Don't Miss

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS