Makeshift fireplace blamed for garage fire

Local News

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A makeshift fireplace is being blamed for a garage fire Tuesday evening.

The fire happened just before 8 pm Tuesday in the 300 block of Illinois Avenue in Dayton.

Montgomery County Dispatchers tell 2 NEWS flames had taken over the garage by the time fire crews arrived.

Two sheds were also damaged in the blaze.

No one was injured.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news, weather and sports.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Don't Miss

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS