VANDALIA, Ohio (WDTN) — Firefighters from more than a half-dozen departments were called to a three-alarm fire overnight in Vandalia.

The Super 8 by Wyndham Vandalia/Dayton International Airport, located at 550 E. National Road in Vandalia caught fire overnight Sunday. Crews were called around 4:15 a.m., according to a social media post.

(Vandalia Division of Fire)

Originally, the fire was reported as an automatic fire alarm, but the first crews responding to the scene found smoke and fire visible from the building.

“Shortly after arriving a small section of the roof over the pool and drive thru area collapsed,” said Vandalia Division of Fire.

The motel was evacuated by law enforcement officials.

A 2 NEWS viewer captured photos of the flames from the scene. You can view them below.

The Ohio State Fire Marshal’s Office was called to the scene, along with nine fire departments in total. At this time, the cause of the fire is not known.

2 NEWS previously this motel Super 8 location was shut down in 2022. Recently, the motel received approval that it would be able to reopen.

An occupant at the Super 8, 15 year old Jazerae Stanley, was taken to Dayton Children’s Hospital after spraining her ankle while the guests were evacuating the building.

Her father, Don Stanley says that after they took Jazerae to the hospital, the hotel refused to accommodate them, but did provide other guests with hotel rooms.

“When I walked up to the owners and tried to talk to them and ask them about what can we do about this, I mean, can we at least get a place to stay or something? They just kind of looked at me and shrugged and said, ‘Well, what do you want us to do about it?’ And apparently while we were there, they had sent some people to other hotels and got them rooms and made sure they were all taken care of. But due to us being at the hospital, we were ignored,’ Stanley told 2 NEWS.

Stanley says that he and his family do not currently have housing, and the hotel has refused to refund them for their stay. If you would like to support the family, you can donate here.

We reached out to the Super 8, they have declined to comment at this time.