MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A number of Montgomery County law enforcement departments took part in an annual “Shop with a Hero” event this week in Jefferson Township.
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office said on Facebook that it was joined by police departments from Moraine, Miami Township, Germantown, German Township, and West Carrollton for the event at the Meijer on Springboro Pike.
Children that participated were escorted throughout the store by a cop, allowd to spend a set amount of money, the Sheriff’s Office said.
“The event was a huge success thanks to all the volunteers and sponsors,” the Facebook post said. “Our team had a great time with the kids are so grateful they could be a part of it!”
- Warner Bros. to release all 2021 films on HBO Max, theaters
- Ohio hospitals ‘stressed to the extreme,’ Thanksgiving impact still unknown
- COVID-19 vaccination cards will be issued, health officials say
- Coronavirus in Ohio Thursday update: 8,921 new cases, 82 additional deaths
- ‘The Voice Holiday Celebration’ rings in the season on WDTN