YELLOW SPRINGS, Ohio (WDTN) — The Little Art Theatre in Yellow Springs announced Tuesday that it’s temporary closing due to financial concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a post to Facebook the organization said that it was worried it would burn through its non-profit reserves if they stayed open with significantly reduced audiences. Adding later that it “did not anticipate the public’s discomfort with in-person screenings.”
Staff have already been notified of an indefinite furlough.
The organizations plans to reopen sometime in 2021 and will continue monitoring the pandemic to identify a time when patrons may feel more comfortable attending screenings in-person.
- Woman hospitalized after car goes airborne in Darke County
- House fire forces couple out of home in Washington Township
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- Montgomery County law enforcement, community discuss issues in policing