AUGLAIZE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A Lima man is dead after a crash on SR-501 Thursday afternoon.
Around 12:15 pm, the Wapakoneta Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol responded to reports of a two-vehicle crash on SR-501 at Infirmary Road just north of Wapakoneta.
Initial investigation suggests that a 2005 Chevrolet Impala driven by 86-year-old Charles Mayer, of Lima, was headed westbound on Infirmary Road and stopped at a stop sign for SR-501.
He failed to yield the right of way to a 2013 Chrysler Town and Country minivan, which was headed northbound.
The Impala was hit in the driver’s side door by the Chrysler.
Mayer was extricated from the vehicle by the Wapakoneta Fire Department and taken to St. Rita’s Medical Center by Wapakoneta EMS, where he later died.
The driver of the minivan was treated at the scene for non-life threatening injuries.
All occupants were wearing their seatbelts and alcohol is not believed to be a factor.
The crash remains under investigation.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Christmas trees for tornado relief: Holiday fundraiser gives back to Trotwood community
- House to vote on bill lowering prescription drug prices
- Lawmakers at odds over how to lower prescription drug prices
- Judiciary Committee begins deliberations on articles of impeachment
- FAA predicted more deadly MAX jet crashes