Kitchen fire closes Brunch Club Restaurant in Dayton

Local News
brunch_club_Fire_093224_resized_1524065318856.jpg

A popular Dayton restaurant will be closed several days after a fire Wednesday morning.

The fire started just before 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Brunch Club Restaurant in the 600 block of S. Main Street, near Buckeye Street.

Fire officials say the fire in the kitchen, when workers tried to re-light the pilot light on a stove. A fireball flashed out at workers, driving them from the kitchen and triggering the restaurant’s fire suppression system.

The system put out the fire before crews arrived. Fire officials say the fire started on the stove and spread up a wall, causing some electrical damage.

One worker suffered minor burns. No one else was hurt.

Fire officials say the health department was notified, adding the restaurant won’t be able to reopen until it passes an inspection.

Jim Vari, the owner of the restaurant, says the Brunch Club will be closed for several days. He hopes to reopen to the public by the weekend.

Vari says along with electrical repairs, there is a significant amount of clean-up to be done by materials put down by the fire suppression system.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS