DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A kidnapping and shots fired led to a brief standoff Friday afternoon in Dayton, according to regional dispatch.
The incident happened shortly after 11 am in the 700 block of Ernroe Dr. in Dayton. According to authorities, a woman stated that her 3-year-old son was taken by the child’s father. The woman then fired shots at the man, who took off on foot.
The suspect then went to a house in the 2000 block of Hoover Ave. where he wouldn’t come out. SWAT was requested. The man and child eventually came out of the house at around 12:30 pm.
We will have additional details as they become available.
- Rollover crash on I-75 N near Centerville, Miamisburg has traffic at standstill
- Holes Creek bridge reopens in Washington Township
- Trotwood man sentenced to 8 years in prison for 2019 fatal shooting
- Jupiter, Saturn to form closest ‘great conjunction’ in 800 years
- Dayton International Airport gets updated TSA technology to help with boarding process