DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) –- Four juveniles have been arrested for an armed robbery that led to a police pursuit that ended in a vehicle crash, according to Sgt. Jeff Muncy from the Miamisburg Police Department.
Sgt. Muncy says two of the suspects turned themselves in, authorities tracked down another, and the fourth was taken into custody when they showed up for school on Sept. 10.
All four of the suspects are between the ages of 14 and 16.
Miamisburg Police responded to the Home Depot on N. Springboro Pike at around 8 pm on Sept. 5 for an armed robbery report. According to authorities, a 26-year-old woman was robbed of her cell phone. Police say that four black males arrived in a silver Honda Odyssey which was reported stolen through the Moraine Police Department. The suspects then fled in the stolen car.
Authorities began chasing the vehicle after it was located at around 11 pm, which ended when the vehicle crashed on W. Third Street in Dayton minutes later. By the time police spotted the car, it was unoccupied.
Several law enforcement agencies searched the area for suspects. A K-9 team was called to assist. The Ohio State Highway Patrol sent a helicopter to assist with the search as well. Authorities didn’t find anyone.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 1,117 new cases, 40 additional deaths
- Coldwater duo arrested on drugs, paraphernalia charges
- Reds vs. Pirates weekend games postponed due to player’s positive COVID-19 test
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand halfway through August
- Q&A: What’s happening at the US Postal Service, and why?