DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The man killed in a shooting in Dayton Thursday has been identified.
The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office said Friday 47-year-old Phillip Wolliver-Blythe was killed after a shooting on Bowen Street.
Montgomery County Regional Dispatch told 2 NEWS Thursday that officers responded to reports of a shooting around 7:40 p.m. in the 400 block of Bowen Street.
Wolliver-Blythe was taken from the scene to Miami Valley Hospital but ultimately succumbed to his injuries. Officials could not immediately release any information about a potential suspect.
The case is still being investigated by the Dayton Police Department. The Coroner’s Office said the cause and manner of death has not been determined.
- Clark County finds West Nile Virus in local mosquitoes
- Clark County confirms first case of MIS-C, a syndrome caused by COVID-19 in children
- Oscar-winning movie composer Ennio Morricone dead at 91
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- 2 dead, 1 hospitalized after Madison Township crash