RIVERSIDE, Ohio (WDTN) – An investigation is underway after a 3-year-old child got a hold of a gun and shot himself in the leg at a home in Riverside Monday night, Riverside Police say.
The shooting happened at a house on Eubanks Drive in Riverside. A man, who is a CCW permit holder, came home and put his gun in a bedroom closet. The man’s 3-year-old child got the gun, took it into another room, and accidentally shot himself in the leg.
The child was taken to Dayton Children’s Hospital and listed as stable.
The father is cooperating with the investigation as no charges have been filed yet in the case.
- Russia clears virus vaccine despite scientific skepticism
- Bar owner sets 11 p.m. closing time after receiving citation
- College & Coronavirus: Packing during the pandemic
- Secret Service involved in shooting outside White House
- Police: Man jailed after throwing knife at victim, refusing to come out of home