XENIA, Ohio (WDTN) – One adult male and one juvenile male were taken into custody after SWAT responded to a Xenia neighborhood Friday afternoon.
Xenia Police received reports of two people firing a gun on North Detroit Street and Smith Avenue around 4 p.m. Officers in the area believed they saw the suspects enter a home on Lucas Drive.
An alert went out telling residents within a half mile about the incident and that they should remain cautious.
Greene County Regional SWAT and negotiations teams were dispatched to the home on Lucas Drive. Telephone contact was made with the suspects and shortly after both were taken into custody without incident.
The adult male suspect was transported to Greene County Jail and the juvenile suspect, 15, was released later to his parents.
- Centerville gym one of first in Miami Valley to reopen
- CrossFit gym opens early for Memorial Day workout honoring fallen heroes
- Centerville holds virtual Memorial Day ceremony
- Gold Star families honor the fallen during modified Memorial Day ceremonies
- As grilling season heats up, meat prices are up while supply is down