WEST CARROLLTON, Ohio (WDTN) – An “event” at the DP&L substation in West Carrollton knocked out power for an additional 5,500 customers in Moraine and West Carrollton, DP&L confirmed.
DP&L could not clarify as to what the “event” was but said it is being looked at by DP&L crews. Power was restored at around 1 pm Monday.
Power outages were abundant throughout the Miami Valley Monday morning as strong winds blew through Ohio. At its peak, over 24,000 DP&L customers were without power.
2 NEWS is working to learn more on the event and will have additional details as they become available.
- Vice President Pence rallies in Cincinnati as the fight for battleground Ohio intensifies
- Miami Valley hospitals have enough beds, PPE to handle rise in COVID-19 hospitalizations
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Oklahoma student describes ‘horrifying’ fake Proud Boys email she received
- Dayton LGBTQ leaders, faith experts react to Pope Francis’ remarks on same-sex civil unions
- EO Burgers closes permanently after moving locations in January