BUTLER TWP., Ohio (WDTN) — The Ohio State Highway Patrol said one man was killed on the southbound lanes of I-75 early Thursday morning.
According to OSHP, the man was walking on I-75 between I-70 and the Benchwood exit and was hit by two vehicles just after 1 a.m. The freeway was shut down for several hours because of the investigation but finally reopened just before 4:30 a.m. after being shutdown.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol identified the man as 22-year-old Jae’ Lin Williams of Dayton. OSHP said Williams tried to walk across I-75 and was hit by a car and a van. Williams was pronounced dead at the scene by the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office.
The drivers in the two vehicles were not injured. OSHP said it is not yet known if alcohol or drugs were involved. The incident is still under investigation.
- Dayton protestors react to officer’s indictment in Breonna Taylor case
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Driver strikes multiple parked vehicles on South Gettysburg Avenue
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 9 municipalities, townships in Montgomery County to receive CARES Act funding