CONCORD TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) – One person is dead after a crash on I-75 northbound near mile marker 73 on Monday afternoon.
According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, a commercial vehicle was slowing down for traffic when a silver Chevrolet Cruze behind the commercial vehicle failed to slow down and slid into the rear of the commercial trailer.
The driver of the Chevrolet Cruze has been identified as 19-year-old Zackery Lee Schwausch, of Troy. He died at the scene. The driver of the commercial vehicle was identified as Amrinder Singh Multani, 34, of Brampton, Ontario, Canada. He was not injured and released from the scene.
Troy Police responded to the scene until the Piqua post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol could get their units there, along with the Troy Fire Department and medics.
The coroner was called to the scene within minutes of medics’ arrival.
- Driver airlifted after late night crash in Mad River Township
- Beavercreek Police: 2 arrested after robbing pharmacy
- Two-time world champion snowboarder Alex Pullin dies in spearfishing accident
- 2 vehicle crash on West Third Street, occupants condition unknown
- Ramp from I-675 N to I-70 E closed due to accident