HUBER HEIGHTS, Ohio (WDTN) — Huber Heights plans to celebrate July 4 with its Star Spangled Heights event – which includes a parade, fireworks and a food truck rally.
Starting at 10 a.m. the parade will go south on Brandt Pike from Chambersburg to Nebraska Avenue. Unlike past years, there will be no candy or materials being handed out.
The city asks that residents follow social distancing guidelines while attending.
Then at 6 p.m. the Dayton Food Truck Association will host a food truck rally at Cloud Park that goes until 10 p.m. At that time, the fireworks will begin and spectators can watch from the comfort of their cars.
The city and organizers will not be providing water because of the ongoing pandemic. People attending both the parade and the events at Cloud Park are encouraged to bring their own to stay hydrated.
- Police: 2 dead, 2 injured after high-speed police pursuit ends in Newport
- Springboro Police need help finding missing teen
- UD students start moving back to campus with added COVID-19 precautions
- Ohio schools can soon begin applying for grants to equip students with internet devices
- Ohio governor’s COVID-19 results show tests imperfections