DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Dayton Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire on Melwood Avenue just after noon Monday, May 18.
Authorities say that no one was home when the fire started in the basement and that the fire caused roughly $15,000 in damages.
The family cannot stay in the home at this time, so the Red Cross is assisting. Both the church that owns the home and family might assist them as well.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, 2 NEWS and WDTN.com will update this story as it develops.
- Two officers hit by car during protest in New York
- Four officers shot in St. Louis amid night of violent protests
- ‘It’s the right thing to do’: People out cleaning up streets after weekend protests
- City of Springfield to hold virtual meeting June 2
- Officer shot in the head in Las Vegas on life support