DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A body was recovered Friday night at a Dayton home in connection with the case of a missing Mansfield couple, police say.
The Montgomery County Coroner confirms the identity of the remains to be of 28-year-old Todd A. Burkhart.
Burkhart and his girlfriend Kyla Hayton, 20, were reported missing on November 18 by her family.
The couple was believed to have been traveling to Columbus and Dayton. Their vehicle was found abandoned on Wednesday with no evidence to indicate where they may have gone.
Our partners at WJW report that a tip call to check for a phone at an abandoned house in the 1100 block of Wildwood Avenue led Dayton Police to the scene.
According to Dayton Police, an extensive search was done in the area of West Stewart St. and Wildwood Avenue. They say evidence and personal items belonging to the couple were found along with Burkhart’s body.
Kyla’s whereabouts are still unknown at this time. They are continuing to follow all leads.
Police ask anyone with information to call the 937-333-COPS or Miami Valley Crime Stoppers at 937-222-STOP.’
2 NEWS is working to learn more about this developing story and will provide updates as they become available.
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- Live streamed video shows priest in Beirut run for cover after explosions
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends
- Car hit by train in Miami County
- Survivors mark 75th anniversary of world’s 1st atomic attack