Homeowner burned in Hamilton house fire

Local News
fire-truck_1521727863085.jpg

HAMILTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A homeowner was injured Thursday in a house fire in Hamilton.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 700 block of Cereal Avenue around 3:30 pm Thursday on a report of heavy black smoke coming from the front door of a house.

Fire crews quickly put the fire out.

There was a report of an injured person that had already left the scene. The homeowner was burned and drove himself to the hospital, according to fire officials.

No other occupants or firefighters were injured and the damage to the house was limited.

The fire is current under investigation but is considered accidental.

Officials say the fire was caused by gasoline being used inside the house. Damage estimates are approximately $3,000.00.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Don't Miss

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS