Heat lamp in dog house causes Preble County fire

Local News
fire-truck_1521727863085.jpg

WEST ALEXANDRIA — Fire crews from five jurisdictions responded after a heat lamp in a dog house causes a fire in Preble County early Saturday morning.

West Alexandria Fire Chief Jeff Shafer says the home in the 2800 block of Minnich Wysong Road is a total loss after the heat lamp inside the dog house was knocked down at about 3:30 a.m., starting the blaze.

The garage and dog house were also destroyed in the fire.

Shafer says everyone, including all the animals, were able to get out safely though.

Crews from Eaton, Lewisburg, Gasper Township, Farmersville, and Eldorado all responded to help the West Alexandria Fire Department with the early morning fire.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news, weather and sports.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS