WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio (WDTN) – Emergency crews responded to a hazmat situation at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Friday afternoon.
A possible hazardous material was reported in Building 16 on Area B around 1:40 pm.
Base officials tell 2 NEWS that the building was evacuated per standard procedure and the area was cordoned off amid the investigation.
One person was evaluated by medical personnel and it was determined they were not exposed to any hazardous material.
No hazardous substances were found, and the building has been determined to be safe.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Land of Illusion publishes open letter after drowning, accusations of lax regulations
- Returning to the workplace? How to navigate the anxiety-inducing transition
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 495 new cases, 9 hospitalizations
- Fauci says US headed in ‘wrong direction’ on coronavirus
- Sparked by pandemic fallout, homeschooling surges across US