(WDTN) – Greater Western Ohio Conference (GWOC) officials announced Thursday that all athletic contests played during the fall athletic season will be played against GWOC member schools only.
The announcement applies to all sports.
“This was a difficult decision but one that was made in the best interest of our student-athletes. The primary focus is to provide the student-athletes every opportunity to compete and this decision helps achieve that. While we realize challenges await we will remain flexible and adaptable to inevitable challenges that await as we navigate the pandemic,” officials said in a statement.
The announcement came after GWOC Superintendents and Executive Board members met to discuss the upcoming fall athletic season as it relates to the ongoing pandemic.
Click here for more from the Greater Western Ohio Conference.
- Police: 2 dead, 2 injured after high-speed police pursuit ends in Newport
- Springboro Police need help finding missing teen
- UD students start moving back to campus with added COVID-19 precautions
- Ohio schools can soon begin applying for grants to equip students with internet devices
- Sunny and warmer this weekend as the humidity rises