MIAMI VALLEY, Ohio (WDTN) – Thousands of DP&L customers in the Miami Valley experienced power outages due to the windy weather.
A DP&L spokesperson told 2 NEWS that gusty winds up to 40 miles per hour caused trees and branches to bring down power lines, causing outages for roughly 5,500 customers at one point.
If you see downed power lines, you should never attempt to touch them.
They could not immediately say when power will be restored.
As of 7:21 am Friday, only 253 customers were without power.
- Zero-carbon by 2050? New Energy Secretary’s clean energy goal worries oil and gas industry advocates
- What were those mysterious lights over Las Vegas?
- US declined to prosecute Trump transport chief after inspector general review
- Alamo Drafthouse movie theater chain files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy because of pandemic
- SpaceX Starship SN10 explodes after nailing landing